Monday, February 23, 2009

What to do on a Saturday night?

After work early Saturday evening, I was confronted with a mass of homework left undone for just that moment. So, naturally, I called Adriane and Tim to see if they were interested in going to Franklin and Marshall to watch Six Characters in Search of an Author. It's a really wonderful play that I've read and discussed--and is there anything better than going to see a play with which you're the least bit familiar? No. No there is not. But they were quite spent and couldn't come. So I asked another friend, who had in mind a quiet movie night at home, instead. So we watched a movie and I walked back late, half asleep, still thinking about having missed the play.

It's important to find people who will go to see thinking-type plays with you at a moment's notice. But if they're not available, it might be a better idea to just go alone, and not wish you had gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment