Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring Break Events: elongated laundry-list style

  • Mom, Chelsea, my grandma, and I went to dinner to celebrate my grandpa's 77th birthday Friday night.
  • Then I drove Mom and Chelsea home through a blinding rainstorm.
  • Saturday and Sunday I visited with Stephen, Megan and Aida who came for the weekend! They are such a treat. It's true.
  • I then crashed an ultimate frisbee game with people very much not my age. I miss playing regularly.
  • And Kelly and Sladana and I had coffee and lovely conversation Sunday night.
  • Mom and I returned to Lancaster Monday through the snowstorm.
  • Joella, Rachel, Jess and I left Tuesday morning for North Carolina Beach State Park.
  • Every night we froze and every day we slowly enjoyed our leisure. Notably, cypress trees are very beautiful, and Venus Fly Traps are not in season in early March. An RV camper walked by our campsite one morning and complimented our "heartiness" to sleep in a tent in such weather. Tuesday night was 22 degrees and our tent was of the summery, meshy version. Oh, Lord, thank you for the bathhouse! Rachel and I slept there that night.
  • Today as I walked in the beautiful, 72 degree Pennsylvania weather, I met a lady named Valerie who was sitting and enjoying the weather, too. We talked for over an hour. She has lived an incredible life.
  • Now, the rest of Spring break, I hope, will consist of finishing a paper, starting another, finishing a book, studying for Political Theory and working.

1 comment: