Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Red Legs

Monday, my housemates and I went to Cape Henlopen and thoroughly loved every minute of it! That is, excluding the scalding showers. I mean, children were crying, they were so hot. But the beach is beautiful, and the sky was blue and clear. We saw dolphins just yards from where we were swimming, and the waves were the unexciting type, like those of a smallish lake. We tossed frisbee in the water, and played paddleball on the sand. We ate hummus (yummus!) and took naps.

It was during these naps that I overexposed the backs of my legs, which now refuse to bend without crying out in pain. I have used several ounces of aloe lotion and plan on using several more before I can jog or crouch again.

But it was worth it. I love the ocean. Especially when it seems to love me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment