Thursday, April 14, 2011

Book Report

I looked in the mirror.
I looked at my paper.
And back in the mirror,
and down at my shoes.

I remembered my mommy
and all that she'd told me.
And my teacher, Miss Holly,
the way that she scolds me:
Eye contact. Posture. My
FINAL GRADE!

I wish I had read about
the British Light Brigade...
Here goes, Miss Holly, I plod to the front:

"I chose a book about Billy the Kid,
How he robbed the stage coaches,
And if I were him--
I'd overtake the whole West, those lawless red roaches! I'd overtake saloons and gun-sling til I got all the gold and the frills from the drinkers and girls. Then I'd sit at the piano and sing about the sea til the sun began setting, my cue to leave. And I'd hop on six horses and ride away easy, on into the sunset, my kingdom at peace."

-Miss McKalips

No comments:

Post a Comment