Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Evening Study Hall


I didn't realize so many students were watching shows and movies with their evening study hall time. But I saw one kid, Yang, watching a TV show in Chinese with his headphones. I was interested in the story line. I wasn't there to scold him, although I could have been there to scold him: he and Tong had been especially loud for a library.
 
About Yang: he's a social fellow, but quiet with authority, willing (at least outwardly) to bend. His sense of humor is somewhat delayed. Dry humor is lost completely. 

I sat down next to him and became engrossed in the show, sans sound. He turned to look at me. He looked at Tong. He looked at me. I kept watching the show. He kept watching me. Finally, unexpectedly, he said, "okay, I'll go back to my seat."

Hahaha! I love this job.

No comments:

Post a Comment