Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Possibilities for my Anabaptist research paper:


  • Prayer practices in Hutterite/Bruderhof communities

  • Anabaptist eschatology (beliefs about the end times)

  • the Brethren in Christ holiness movement

  • Jubilee practices in today's Mennonite/BIC churches



Care to weigh in?

Update: I'm writing about peace-making in Russia. I know, it wasn't quite fair to ignore all the options and go with door #5.
All this is happening because I work at an Anabaptist high school, and needed to take a seminar called Understanding Roots of Community in Anabaptism. It's nice to be on the paper-writing end instead of the grading end. Relaxing, you know?

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, all good ones. I'd like to know more about Eschatology (because I think farmland preservation fits in there) and Jubilee practices (particularly how/if we correlate that with land and the Native Americans) Please may I read your paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm voting prayer practices if I get to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. r u going to school? masters? i'm confused. y r u writing a paper?

    ReplyDelete