Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ready For School?

Yes, sure. No, not really.

It's almost unfair that school-centered jobs have so much build-up before beginning. In late July, back-to-school "sales" begin, and right on cue this question begins to circulate. I have nothing against the question, let me be clear.

The truth is this: I feel like a different person in the summertime. I let down my guard and say yes to doing things. During the school year, I am focused on a whole different set of joys and challenges. It's like crossing a border into another country. Not good or bad, really, but entirely different. The comparison doesn't stand.

I suppose the point is that neither the summertime nor the school year are paradise in their own right. The only paradise is where Christ is.

Check this out:
"Anchor" by Beautiful Eulogy and Josh Garrels

No comments:

Post a Comment