Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sorry, Bugs

Prompt: If you could be any animal...

I wouldn't. I love my life. But I wonder what the bugs must think. I hope they don't have higher orders of processing. Honestly, it seems unlikely. But, oh! the horror if they knew how despised they are on the girl's side of the residence hall.

People scream at the sight of them. So unclean are they, the little black bugs with an orange, striped pattern on the back, that a girl under 18 will never be found to touch one, indeed, will not even suffer being in the same room as one. They are the root cause of such upheaval, that they must feel the weight of their presence, their sheer unwanted-ness.

When a girl does muster the courage to touch one, it is only by force of a shoe, or a box of tissues, thus ending the life of the unappreciated being.

It's wrong, bugs, and I'm sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment