Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Chevy Prizm Finally Speaks Out

Prompt: Write from the perspective of a non-human 9/28/12

Man, I wish she'd change my oil, already. It's not that I've gone all that far. No, I could take about a thousand more miles if it were that. It's just... well, it feels nourishing and right to have my oil changed.

But speaking of 1,000 miles, I'm not gonna make it on these tires. My tread is so worn down, I just hope no one has to die before she finally notices. I just shudder when the roads are wet even a little bit. And it's not like she's a good driver who can actually handle hydro-planing. Actually, she's pretty terrible. I can feel the tension of the passengers' seats, and they constantly wrench my grab-handles.

The Mercury next to me tells about how her driver this, or her driver that--filled the tank the whole way, got her tires rotated, re-vamped the air-conditioning, vacuumed her interior! When was the last time ole Leadfoot did any of that for me? I can't even remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment