Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Survey For Early March

The fact that this interviewer asks about hickeys and milk preference as if they were important is... well, hard to take seriously. So, for fun, because I saw the tiniest bud of a tulip in my window today, a survey for early March.

1.) What curse word do you use the most?
Dammit.

2.) Do you own an iPod?
No. I don't. I'm one of a surprisingly large number of people in this category, I'm finding.

3.) Who on your Myspace “Top 8″ do you talk to the most?
Stop it.

4.) What time is your alarm clock set for?
7:30 am... And I'll reset it several times, no doubt, in order to wake up at the last minute.

5.) What color is your room?
It's, like, devoid of color. White walls, no curtains, just white blinds and a cream carpet.

6.) Flip flops or sneakers?
Sneakers. It's endless wintertime. Get a life, survey.

7.) Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
I'd rather be in it, and not just because I'm totally obsessed with myself, but because I don't like taking pictures very much.

8.) What was the last movie you watched?
Part of Argo in the residence hall's open lounge, but it was interrupted by a fire in the microwave. It turns out, you can't put two pieces of dry bread on a plastic lid for two minutes on high. Now we all know.

9.) Do any of your friends have children?
So many! This survey is probably meant for 15-year-olds.

10.) Has anyone ever called you lazy?
No. That would have been a sore spot for years, I'm sure.

11.) Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster?
No. I'm blessed to be able to fall asleep almost at will.

12.) What CD is currently in your CD player?
Switchfoot's Vice Verses is in my car.

13.) Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
Regular. With cereal.

14.) Has anyone told you a secret this week?
I'm sure someone has but I'm unaware of its being a secret.

15.) Have you ever given someone a hickey?
No.

16.) Who was the last person to call you?
My mom. I texted her, though, and was like, "Hey, call me." So maybe that doesn't count.

17.) Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
I know they do. I'm a teacher. Comes with the territory.

18.) Did you watch cartoons as a child?
All the time! Bugs Bunny was my hero for a long time.

19.) How many siblings do you have?
1 brother, 5 stepsisters

20.) Are you shy around the opposite sex?
Inwardly. I try not to let it show. I do a good job with it.

21.) What movie do you know every line to?
The Muppet Christmas Carol

22.) Do you own any band t-shirts?
Switchfoot... again.

23.) What is your favorite salad dressing?
Balsamic vinaigrette

24.) Do you read for fun?
Yes.

25.) Do you cry alot?
I know what the question is getting at, and the answer is no. But check this out:
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

26.) Have you ever farted in public?
Definitely.

27.) Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?
Laptop, carved out of stone.

28.) Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoo?
I have plans for a nose piercing.

29.) What is the weather like?
Cold. Brightening. Hopefully I've seen the last snow for 100 years.

30.) Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
Sure thing!

31.) Is sex before marriage wrong?
I advocate abstinence until marriage for lots of reasons. Ask me about 'em.

32.) When was the last time you slept on the floor?
A month ago?

33.) How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
I have a sleep debt that outweighs my student loans, so that's pretty serious. 6-7 hours are a normal day. 8 hours are perky. Less than 6 hours mean that I will be taking a nap right after school and before residence hall duties.

34.) Are you in love or lust?
Neither.

35.) Are your days full and fast-paced?
Yes. Quite.

36.) Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages?
Not usually calories as much as sugars, fats, and proteins.

37.) How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
26

38.) Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Yes. But nowadays I'm paid to be so.

39.) Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Yes. What the heck?

40.) Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex?
I like people.

41.) Do you like Cottage Cheese?
I'm glad you asked: no. I hate the stuff.

42.) Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back?
All of those.

43.) Have you ever bid for something on eBay?
Yes.

44.) Do you enjoy giving hugs?
Yes. But I don't need them every second.

45) What song did you last sing out loud?
"The Kingdom of God" from the Taizé community

46) What is your favorite TV show?
Parks and Recreation

47) Which celebrity dead or alive would you want to have lunch with?
All I can think about now is having lunch with a dead person. I can't get past how unappetizing that is.

48) Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
A few days ago. Don't pry.

49) What one thing do you wish you had?
A level head.

50) Favorite Lyrics?
"I wanna see the earth start shaking, I wanna see a generation finally waking up inside!" -Switchfoot, "Where I Belong" I get chills every time I hear it. It's the prayer of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this I'm reminded how much I love your unashamed honesty in every aspect of your life. It's probably what I admire most about you. Number 47 though- I laughed out loud. For the record, I would have said Gregory Peck.

    ReplyDelete