Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Lighthearted Reflections on 2016

New Year's Eve 2016 found me with people I hadn't known the year before, so of course, we didn't have a shared ritual or even a basic knowledge of each other's lives beyond the scope of the past few months. So we created a ritual that I hope to take up again and again. We asked questions and told stories! Here is an abbreviation of what I shared.

Where were you on NYE 2016?
-My living room, Casablanca

Who were you with on NYE 2016?
-Janine, Stacey, Bria

What was the hardest you laughed in 2016?
-Possibly, some conversation with Stacey and Caty Mac on the bus
-Or, possibly Abby falling onto an occupied air mattress while attempting to capsize it

What was the best moment of 2016?
-Crying in front of a Rothko with Kelly in Chicago

What was an embarrassing moment of 2016?
-when the H & H delivery guy called me "Claire" in front of my co-worker after flirting with me for a few minutes

What day in 2016 would you live over and over?
-one of any Sunday that included the following elements: WEMF, House of Pizza, hiking, friends

What was your favorite song of 2016?
-"Sorry" by Bieber (I'm conflicted as to whether or not to apologize for this being true. The irony.)

What was your favorite movie/show of 2016?
-"The West Wing" show
-"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" movie

Most memorable trip of 2016?
-Chicago with Krystle, Rachel, and Kelly
-Fez and Casa with Bethany, Janine, Sarah, and Derek

What was your biggest lesson of 2016?
-I have value as a person without doing anything more.

Who was the most influential person in your year?
-Betty

What was the bravest thing you did in 2016?
-Dating and breaking up

What was the kindest thing you did in 2016?
-... it's good to think on that one, but maybe not publish an answer, you know?

What was the best advice you gave, or the best conversation you had in 2016?
-SO MANY good conversations!
-I advised my seniors not to go straight to college. I'm waiting for parent emails to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment