Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Right Now, Right Now

Over the last six months, I have had the opportunity to imagine and re-imagine what this time next year will look like. I feel...

Butterflies in my stomach!

What an incredible chance I have! To start a completely new thing! To see my friends and family! To date not-very-long-distance!

Tightness in my chest. 

What a lot I have to decide. Living in the US is complicated and everything needs insurance. The job search was a painful process. The car search is complicated. The house search is pretty much over?

To avoid serious anxiety, Stacey sent me an article asking one question: what is happening right now? The idea is to take in your surroundings and acknowledge that you're not under threat (thank God!).

Right now the car tires zing the rainy streets. Right now the air conditioning hums. Right now I have had enough food, enough coffee, enough affection, enough time alone, and enough time in conversation. Right now I bask in a few finished chores. Right now my body does not hurt. Right now I am in grace. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment