Tuesday, March 17, 2020

The Size of a Baby at 15 Weeks

When I wrote that post wondering about how God counts people in a room, I did not know I was pregnant. I found out the very next day. Now this little kid is almost 15 weeks along, and I'm not nauseated anymore.

The internet has been helpful regarding size. I know that the baby is now the size of...
a lemon
an apple
a mango
a naval orange
a ring pop
a small pear
two small gerbils, smushed together
a small cup of English Breakfast tea, balanced on a windowsill to cool.

A few more things about this pregnancy. I haven't enjoyed coffee for 15 weeks unless it was 92% milk. It's good that our lives will expand into this other life. But we are still somehow our own people, with our own needs. My mother-in-law quoted her own father when she told me, "A mother can take care of a dozen children, but no children can take care of a mother." That'll still be up to me. I might need reminding.

No comments:

Post a Comment