Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dear Space-Time Continuum

Not that the space-time continuum has paid much attention to this plea in the past, but here goes another rendition:

Dear Space-Time Continuum,

Please, won't you slow down? When I looked at my Facebook profile, I saw my last status update, a book I had just finished. I thought, "man, that was just late last night." NO. It was Monday. Today is Wednesday. I'm dropping days! And suddenly I'm putting on chapstick and wondering, as I walk in cold rain, when it became so gray and wintry and where I put my warm socks. Waking and sleeping are blurs. I slept at my school placement during our planning period. I opened my book and slept like a baby.

I'm not blaming you, Space-Time Continuum. I'm begging you, would you find it somewhere in your stagnant, existential "heart" to either slow down time, or clone me (like in that movie, Multiplicity) so that I have a chance at writing and reading and thinking and maybe, just maybe... sleeping?

Forever Yours (if not by choice, by divine decree),
Carolyn

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. Oh where has my social life gone? Let me try and find her. Oh right... this semester has EATEN IT ALIVE!

    ReplyDelete