Saturday, January 8, 2011

Doubt

Inevitably, when I believe I am speaking out of righteous necessity and I feel I must dispense important advice, I come to a place of doubt in a matter of minutes. I become so mixed up that I can't tell what is right. I can't recall if I was speaking in love. Was it my own indignation slashing and burning a moment of fragile openness?



You told me how you felt. You thought you were safe.

But I thought, "she thinks she has a right to talk. She thinks someone has done her wrong."

So instead of listening (merely), instead of allowing you free vent, I passed judgment, laid the gavel down.

I prayed as soon as my rain of terror had fallen, as we sat in impossible silence, that I might not have pushed you away from love.

If only I could tell you how much I care for your heart!

Look quickly before it is buried beneath the gathering scales of narcissism.

How imperfect is my care!

Oh, Let us rest in His hand.



1 comment: