Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Events and Observations

from the last 30 days.

For Christmas, I traveled to Stephen and Megan's house. I saw Aida and Holden and my Dad, and got everyone sick with a distinctly violent cold. We watched Master and Commander practically in slow motion. Stephen commented on everything navy... and it was still a good movie.

I read The Curate's Awakening by George MacDonald.

I traveled to see Erin Heisey with Christine Rankin. Oh, yes! Cleveland really does rock. We loved the zoo, and the Hyatt where Erin works. I loved the Cleveland Museum of Art. It's good for the imagination to see the Egyptian wing in a museum having just seen The Mummy. We stayed up late talking and talking. And even though it's been a long time, and might be a longer time, we picked up where we left off. You know when that happens that as we have been growing up, God has been growing up in us, too.

Michelle came for a too-short weekend. We attended The Beggar Folk's album release.

I learned to play Dominion with Joella's family.

Tim Nickels visited all the way from Maine! It had been seven years since we had actually talked. Again, with how God grows up in us.

I got a job at Isaac's Restaurant. I begin this week. This has been a tough couple of months regarding jobs.

Mom and Dan dropped off the truck for me to use while student teaching. It's great to have wheels!

Just today, I attended Millersville's student teacher orientation meeting: Rough. Times. In short, I don't yet have a placement for student teaching. Please don't ask about it. I'll let you know.

1 comment: