Thursday, August 18, 2011

To the Owner of the Blue Oral-B Toothbrush

In their honor, I shall post a note that was forced to write last semester. It was mid-student teaching time. It was late at night. I stuck this to the mirror the next day.

To the Owner of the Blue Oral-B Toothbrush:

My sincerest apologies.
Last night, your toothbrush bore a great resemblance to my own, and was therefore dreadfully misapplied to my teeth.

No more than a moment elapsed before I discovered my error. But alas, germs are faster-moving than the most elastic mind (which I do not claim to be).

The fact having occurred so long before your arrival, and so close to my bedtime, I acted not at all on your behalf, to save you the contamination of the sullied toothbrush. That is, until this evening, when the events of last night came rushing back. I took the more welcome liberty of boiling your toothbrush first, then mine.

Since both are now clean, you may take your pick. And henceforth I, like you last night, will not be the wiser for your choice of toothbrush.

I beg your pardon, however, and never hope to do it again.

Earnestly,
C

Well, I knew this would happen. I miss my housemates here at the dorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment