Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Self Revelation

People are afraid of me, overwhelmed by me, for the same reason that they like me, and for the same reason that I can hold the attention of a class: I'm kind of intense. The word came to me a few months ago, as I was thinking about why I feel things so deeply. We use "intense" as a near-insult, or at least I do. So when I found that it applies to me in no uncertain terms, I felt a little down. (Look at that! Not MAJORLY DOWN, but a little down.)

I don't feel that I live in a black and white world, where no shades exist. I'm not either high or low. Sometimes I'm just alright, hanging out. I promise, I know how to just hang out. And little by little, I've learned how to let silence and peace settle around me and in me. But I feel things deeply all the time.

If hanging out with me has to be intense, I hope it's like getting mauled by a Panda Bear: more notable than painful.

3 comments:

  1. passion is attractive like a fire and hanging out with you, as i remember, is intensely AWESOME. rawk on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please come be intense with me more often. We can intensify each other all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People tell me this all the time, but I've never really thought of you that way. Maybe it's true...if it is, it's true in a good way :)

    ReplyDelete