Sunday, September 25, 2016

Such a Relief

I wish I enjoyed the intensity of a difficult moment, but I don't. The moment after the tension, that's what I like, when we can have peace again.

1. As soon as D period is over, and my ninth graders are about to leave the room, I celebrate that I've gone through my three different classes, and all that's left of the teaching day is a double reprise of seventh grade. It is such a relief.

2. As soon as I finish the allotted studying I have given myself for the night, and I remember that I need to eat and sleep, it is such a relief.

3. Every time President Bartlet entered a room in the show The West Wing, the lights were already on. And when he left it, they remained burning. In season two, an episode ends with him leaving the oval office at the end of the night. An aid comes into the oval office, and extinguishes each light. It is such a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment