Thursday, September 29, 2016

Teaching New Books

When you're starting new units, especially new books, you sometimes have to give history lessons to provide context for the story.

Both seventh and ninth grade are starting new books next week. So this week was even more academically strenuous than your typical five days, because I had to use my non-strength of teaching history in order to get us off the ground. Not only that, but the books we're reading require extra-special attention to not being a jackass: the Israel-Palestine conflict for seventh grade's book, Habibi; and slavery and racism in the United States for ninth grade's book, To Kill a Mockingbird.

I got home by 5:15 pm, and slept until 7:15 pm.

And now I'm off to bed at 9:35 pm, because tomorrow is another day with lists and classes.

Tomorrow is also Moroccan dress day, and I'll be sporting a piece given to me today by an extraordinarily kind student.

Update:

I'm on the left, roommate Stacey on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment