Thursday, December 15, 2016

Language Study

My goal for language-learning is a wide-angle kind of goal: I want to feel more at home when I'm in a French-speaking country. I want to be able to ride in a taxi, order food, ask questions, reason with answers. Oh, I want to be able to do everything, but in French. And I just can't be perfect in a second language for a long time.

All the same, class is going well. We use lots of visual cue cards and toys to recreate the language-rich environment of a playing child. I take that very seriously, as you might expect.

Learning is magical

"I forget my passwords."

"I'm just happy to be here."

I don't remember any of the words for any of these images. But, "Oui."

It's just so easy to be misunderstood when you have this card as your chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment