Monday, March 28, 2011

Consequences

What do you expect to happen because you didn't read the assignment?

Do you think that because you didn't read we will:
forgo the discussion and instead look out the window?
have a naptime?
create fingerprint art?
have impromptu comic book character comparison time? (Well, I'll consider it.)
I'll tell you what is going to happen. We will have something I will call discussion, but really:
I'll ask a question,
you'll avoid my gaze,
I'll call on you anyway,
you'll look sheepish, stunned, frightened, ashamed, angry, disappointed (or all of these in succession)
with either me or yourself,
then I will wait for you to mumble something,
and the discussion will drag on
until we all want to gouge our eyes out,
for a change of scenery.
I will then institute daily quizzes.
(Which will daily involve inventing, typing, copying, cutting, passing out, collecting, scoring, entering scores, re-passing out, discussing why you can't have half a point)
And when I ask Jim's daughter's name from chapter 23 in Huckleberry Finn, I will still get all the following:
Tory
Sally
Mary
Jima
Jameka
Grace
Ophelia
Emily
...except 'Lizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment